153 Ukrainian citizens detained by militants – Security Service
The Security Service of Ukraine announced a creation of the joint coordination center for captives release and for search of missing
The information on Ukrainian citizens in captivity of the so-called DPR and LPR militants varies from 150 to 350 persons, the director of Center for captives release NGO “Officer Corps” Volodymyr Ruban stated. He added that prisoner exchange might be soon as the Security Service claimed they are ready for exchange.
According to the Security Service, there are 153 captives and also 801 missing.
"153 of our citizens [detained by militants], 801 people are missing who should be found. There are problems with the other side, there is no problem from our side, we are ready", deputy chairman of the Security Service of Ukraine Vitaliy Malikov said on the air of 112 Ukraine.
"Literally tomorrow or the day after, our negotiators including voluntary organizations are leaving there. We have an understanding who for whom to exchange. Now it is necessary to negotiate with the other side in order to they would be ready for exchange," Malikov added.
He also noted, that 24h call center for captives is to be created.
Reportedly, the Security Service of Ukraine by the order of the head of the service Vasyl Gritsak established joint coordination center for search and release of illegally detained persons, hostages, and for locating of missing persons in the area of Anti-Terrorist Operation, the press-service of Security Service stated.
The center must keep a record of military personnel and civilians who had been captured by terrorists or missing, coordinate their search, negotiate and ensure the release.
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas