14 thousand Ukrainians to be drafted into compulsory military service this fall
The biggest number of conscripts are expected from Dnipropetrovsk region
The Cabinet of Ministers defined the number of Ukrainian citizens who are the subject to the draft into the compulsory military service in October – November of 2016. This is stated in the order #684 of the government of September 22.
In particular, according to the document, 13 908 men will be sent for active duty in the Armed Forces and other military groups of Ukraine in October – November of 2016.
Specifically, 7 908 servicemen will service in Armed Forces of Ukraine, 5 000 - in the National Guard, 1 000 – in the Special State Transport Service of Ukraine.
The majority of conscripts are expected to arrive from from Dnipropetrovsk region – 1500 people, Luhansk region – 170, Kyiv – 570 people.
In addition the document allocates 1.6 million USD for the draft. Thus, each conscript expenditure budget is about $117, $113 of which are provided for monetary support to Ukrainian citizens being drafted to the military service. Thus $3.6 will be spent for preparation and carrying out the drafting.
As it was reported earlier, Petro Poroshenko signed a decree on demobilization of the servicemen of the 6th wave of mobilization today.
On his birthday Poroshenko signed decree on demobilization 26 September, 16:15
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars