139 Ukrainians held captive by militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
Russia and mercenaries suspend search and rescue operations and humanitarian issues
762 people are considered gone missing in Donbas, according to the list of the intersectoral task group of the SBU (Ukraine’s Security Service). MP and Ukraine’s presidential envoy on humanitarian issues Iryna Gerashchenko posted this at Facebook.
According to her, the Ukrainian side supports the idea to organize search and rescue operations, but the respective decision is being blocked by Russia and the mercenaries.
“Ukraine insists on the clear, systematic and thorough work in this area, but that’s, unfortunately, impossible without cooperation of the Russian Federation and militants, which traditionally suspend all humanitarian decisions”, she wrote.
Gerashchenko added that as of December 15, militants hold captive 139 Ukrainian servicemen and civilians. “We should have all information on locations and conditions of their detention. It is our primary task and our primary challenge to set them free”, said the MP, adding that militants, in turn, keep demanding that the Ukrainian Parliament pass the amnesty law and thus release their fighters.
According to Gerashchenko, mercenaries never let the Red Cross members visit nor treat the hostages, not even the heavily wounded ones. “Throughout this year, the mission of the International Committee of Red Cross in Ukraine visited Ukrainian prisoners over 100 times, but none of them were allowed in the torture chambers in rebel-held areas of Donetsk and Luhansk regions”, she wrote.
Previously, the UN reported about some 3 thousand people gone missing in Donbas since spring 2014.
Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest 27 October, 13:30
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case