120, 82 mm mortars hit Ukrainian positions in Avdiivka
The fight goes on as the town in Donetsk region remains the hottest flashpoint in eastern Ukraine
Since Tuesday evening, Russia-backed militants have attacked Ukrainian positions 44 times. Most of the attacks occurred in Donetsk region, where mercenaries fired from grenade launchers, heavy machineguns and small arms, ATO Press Centre reported.
The enemy fired at Ukrainian positions in Avdiivka, using 120 and 82 mm mortars and a tank. Militants also used 122 mm artillery during attacks on the town.
Army emplacement near Pisky and Opytne went under fire from 82 mm mortars.
Russian proxies used grenade launchers and large caliber machineguns to shoot at outposts near Novhorodske, Zaitsevo, Mayorsk, Luhanske and Verkhnyotoretske. Near Pavlopol, not far from government-held port city Mariupol, mercenaries fired an 82 mm mortar.
Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 27 October, 09:44
Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas 27 October, 09:05
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case