11,000 people in Donetsk region left with no roof over their heads
President Petro Poroshenko held a speech at the opening of a donor fund for the revival of Donbas and assistance to people who suffered from war
As a result of military operations in Donetsk region over 8,5 thousand residence buildings have been destroyed or damaged. 11,5 thousand people are left with no roof over their heads, stated President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko during his visit to Donetsk region, his press service informed.
He noted, that regional and city administrations allocated UAH 2,5 billion for reconstruction.
The President also held a speech at the opening of a donor fund for revival of Donbas and assistance to people who suffered from war.
“It’s great pleasure for me – to open a reconstructed house. All the world witnesses priorities of Ukrainian authorities – peaceful life in Donbas. This building is a symbol of restoration and revival of Donbas. My purpose, as a President, is peace”, - Poroshenko claimed.
According to Poroshenko, currently all educational institutions, shelled amid military operations in Mykolaivka, have been restored.
Poroshenko once more emphasized the need for immediate withdrawal of Russian troops from occupied territories.
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars