103 Russian servicemen have perished in Donbas since early 2016
Vadym Skybitsky, Head of the Chief Department of Intelligence of the Defense Ministry, gave a briefing in Kyiv
Since the beginning of the year, 103 troopers of Russia’s regular army were killed in action in eastern Ukraine, 98 more were wounded. Skibitsky said this at a briefing broadcasted by 112 Ukraine TV channel.
“Under the decree of Russian President Putin, all information related to the perished servicemen is classified. Since the beginning of the year, the military intelligence has been counting losses of Russia’s regular army in the temporarily occupied territories of Donetsk and Luhansk regions. By our estimates, their casualties make 103 dead and 98 severely wounded”, Skybitsky said.
According to him, the Russian military command writes off combat casualties as the losses sustained during military exercises in Russia. Skybitsky added that a number of special morgues are now being constructed in the occupied Donetsk, where Russian troops will keep and identify the bodies of their fallen comrades. “This way, Russia tries to conceal its direct military involvement in Donbas conflict”, said the Head of Ukraine’s military intelligence.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas