€100 mln for Ukraine to complete Chernobyl sarcophagus
Ukraine will receive €100 mln to complete building of the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant sarcophagus
After briefing on the results of Assembly of Contributors to the Chernobyl Shelter Fund and the Assembly of Donors, Deputy Ukrainian Vice Prime Minister of Ukraine Valeriy Voshchevsky stated that “The result of the meeting was that almost all donors confirmed their additional contribution to cover the missing €100 mln from a new Shelter,” he said.
According to him, Kazakhstan will allocate additional € 3.5 mln , Saudi Arabia - € 20.5 mln, Sweden - € 1 mln, China - € 4 mln, and Lithuania - €1 mln.
"We can state that donor countries are interested in the completion of this project in November 2017. We managed to solve the issue of € 100 mln contributions and the countries will make their donations soon. In fact, this project will be financially secured," confirmed Vice Prime Minister.
He recalled that it was expected to spend € 800 mln for constructing the "Shelter". But due to technical miscalculations, the budget increased by another € 615 mln.
Thus, the total cost of the project increased to € 1.5 bln.
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development has already allocated € 350 mln, as well as G7 countries paid additional € 165 mln.
July 16 meeting of Assembly of Contributors to the Chernobyl Shelter Fund and the Assembly of Donors took place in London.
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain