World Economic Forum opened in Davos
The key topic of the event would be the fourth industrial revolution
The annual World Economic Forum opened in Davos, Switzerland. The main topic of the event to be discussed is Revolution 4.0, a collective term embracing a number of contemporary automation, data exchange and manufacturing technologies. Another essential topic will be solution of urgent humanitarian problems, including rendering aid to refugees.
Ukraine’s leading officials – President Petro Poroshenko, Finance Minister Natalia Yaresko and Kyiv mayor Vitali Klitschko – are to visit the Forum. Yaresko, in particular, tweeted the following: “I came to Davos as a member of the official Ukrainian delegation to represent the country at the World Economic Forum. I hope for fruitful meetings with foreign counterparts, international partners and further discussion of reforms and cooperation”.
In the frameworks of his visit, Poroshenko will hold a number of bilateral meetings – with IMF Director Christine Lagarde, President of the Red Cross Peter Maurer, Prime Minister of the Netherlands Mark Rutte and leaders of international business and investment circles. According to Jaresko, she plans to hold 15 work meetings in Davos with her foreign counterparts and managers of Ukraine’s leading financial partners – the IMF, the EBRD, the EIB and others.
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation. The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas. It is held annually in Davos, Switzerland. The meeting gathers about 2500 business managers, international political leaders and journalists so as to discuss the most burning issues that are currently on the agenda.
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas