USA to assign another $142 million to reforms in Ukraine
Money will go to decentralization, judicial and energy reforms
According to the website of the Cabinet, United States Agency for International Development (USAID) announced the provision of additional support to Ukraine in the framework of the energy, judiciary reforms and decentralization, totaling $142 million.
"Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman held a meeting with the administrator of USAID Gail Smith in Washington during his visit to the United States on Wednesday, June 15. The sides discussed the areas of bilateral cooperation, as well as the progress of government reforms", reads the statement.
USAID Administrator Gail Smith assured the readiness of the US Agency for International Development to continue supporting reforms in Ukraine. According to her, the USAID has planned to assist Ukraine in the energy sector, decentralization and judicial reform, with the total amount of $142 million, including $70 million to the reforms of the energy sector in Ukraine, $50 million to support decentralization and $22 million for judicial reform.
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case