US Department of Energy accuses Russia of cyber attacks on Ukrainian energetics objects
The information is based on conclusions of US experts
A cyber attack on energetics objects in Ukraine, which caused disruptions in energy supply, was carried out by Russia, stated Deputy Secretary of energy in the US Elizabeth Sherwood-Randall, informed CNN.
She also informed that she is not at liberty to discuss details of the cyberattack.
Sherwood-Randall’s statement counters the position of most American officials claiming that the US has not enough evidence to accuse Russia of cyber attacks on Ukrainian energetics objects.
Sherwood-Randall announced her conclusions based on the work of US experts, who visited Ukraine to study the cyber attacks.
EU foreign ministers to urge Assad and his allies to come to trial 17 October, 08:30
American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning 23 October, 18:54
Nuland, Surkov to discuss course of Donbas conflict 4 October, 18:32
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas