Ukroboronprom developed new multiple missile launch system Verba
State-run concern says weapon should be commercially supplied to Armed Forces
Ukroboronprom, the state-run enterprise, developed a new multiple missile launch system dubbed Verba (Willow), the company’s press service reported.
The designers say the weapon is actually a new generation of Grad, Soviet-made artillery of the same kind.
The system is truck-mounted on KrAZ vehicle and fitted with 5 places for crew. "Fire control, aiming system and even reloading are performed automatically and directly from the cabin, without any interference by servicemen”, the press service of Ukroboronprom said.
Verba weighs almost 20 tons. It can speed up to 85 km per hour.
"It is time to forsake the old-fashioned Soviet weaponry and hardware. Verba is the kind of armament that should be commercially supplied to the army”, said Roman Romanov, Director General at Ukroboronprom.
Watch our video
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case