Ukrainian, Danish Air Forces to transport fuel to Greenland
Ukraine’s transport aircraft participates in the program called Northern Falcon 2016
On April 4, Ukraine and Denmark began the joint military and transport operation, which aims to transport fuel from U.S. airbase Thule to Station Nord, the Danish polar station in Greenland. The operation is being conducted as part of the interstate agreement signed by Ministries of Defense two years ago. Press service of Ukraine’s Defense ministry reported this on Monday. According to it, the IL-76MD transport aircraft of Ukraine’s Armed Forces departed from Boryspil International Airport and reached Aalborg airbase in Denmark.
21 Ukrainian servicemen participate in the program this year, which has been running for eight years so far. The Ukrainian crew and their cargo plane are tasked with transporting 350 thousand liters of fuel and other cargo.
According to Ukraine’s Defense ministry press service, the plan of this year’s operation Northern Falcon is to perform 15 flights with a total of 100 flight hours in the skies over Greenland, during which temperatures can drop below -50 degrees Celsius, and wind could speed up to 20 metres per second. The flights are executed without the help of radio navigation equipment on the ground and without alternative landing spot.
The final flight is to take place on April 30.
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case