Ukrainian bankers to establish Independent Bureau of experts
Representatives of National Bank, Independent Association of the Banks of Ukraine, top banks, and the world leaders of IT industry to be involved
This initiative was launched at the International Conference "Security. Technology. Innovation" by the director of the Information Security Department at National Bank Dmytro Lukyanov. He said that the main objectives and functions of the Bureau will embrace provision of recommendations and expert assessments to financial institutions about the suitability of the software and hardware-software maintenance. Lukyanov stressed that this is an innovative approach. It will help to establish a dialogue between the government, producers, and IT products and services consumers.
In turn, the head of the Bureau Vitalii Yaremenko pointed the key directions of the organization, among which there will be an analysis of urgent problems in banking sector and search for their possible solutions. Also, this new institution will provide an expert opinion upon the compliance of software requirements with National Bank legislation and will prepare recommendations for further development of the products.
In addition, the Bureau will be responsible for an attachment of certification marks to goods and services in the field of information technologies in order to make them more suitable in use by financial institutions.
“Bureau is a public association. It is opened to all experts," the Bureau administrator Andrii Shevtsov stressed.
As was reported before, on September 15, in Yaremche, Ivano-Frankivsk region the International Conference "Security. Technology. Innovation" was launched. The event brought together 40 representatives of banks, the National Bank of Ukraine, the Independent Association of Ukrainian banks, as well as representatives of major companies - manufacturers of security systems for banks.
At the conference, participants shared their experiences and discussed a number of issues. In particular, they talked about such an important market infrastructure as payment systems.
Conference "Security. Technology. Innovation" will last till September, 18. Participants will discuss a number of issues related to innovative technologies for information security of banks.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain