Ukrainian agricultural products only partially liberalized in EU, - representative to EU
Despite this, exports for January-May 2016 grew by 16% compared to the same period last year
Duty-free quota on imports of Ukrainian wheat to the EU is only 950 thousand tonnes although Ukraine in the past year, has exported 1.63 million tonnes of wheat to the EU. This was announced by the representative of Ukraine to the European Union Mykola Tochytskyi, reports "Ukrinform".
The total volume of export of Ukrainian agricultural products to the EU amounted $14.8 billion in 2015, or 38.2% of Ukraine's commodity exports. For January - May 2016, this figure compared to the same period last year, increased by 16% - from $ 980 million to $ 1.14 billion.
On an indicator of wheat export to the EU Ukraine has bypassed the United States, Canada and the Russian Federation. He noted that Kyiv and Brussels are now actively discussing the quota increase for these products.
However, trade in agricultural products is only "partially liberalized," because the quotas are only introduced to 36 positions of Ukrainian agricultural products.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case