Ukraine's state debt exceeded $ 70 bln
World Bank projects real GDP to fall by12 percent in 2015
The total public debt of Ukraine in January-August increased by 1.1%, or $750 mln to $70.562 bln, as stated by the Ministry of Finance.
Public and publicly guaranteed debt as of August 31 amounted to $70.562 bln (as of 1 January, it was $69.812 bln). At the end of August the total amount of direct government debt amounted to $58.254 bln, while as of January 1 it was $ 60.058 bln.
Since the beginning of the year the direct foreign debt grew by 13.6% or by $4.2 bln to $35 bln, while direct domestic debt increased by 6.8% to $23.3 bln. Publicly guaranteed debt as at 31 August amounted to $12.309 bln (as of January, $9.754 bln).
As it was previously reported, in 2014, direct foreign debt increased by 10.3%, or by $2.877 bln, and as of December 31 amounted to $30.809 bln (compared to $27.932 bln in December 2013). Direct domestic debt in 2014 increased by 1.8 times, or $32.148 bln to $29.236 bln.
Despite a few encouraging signs of economic stabilization seen in July and August 2015, the World Bank projects real GDP to fall by 12 percent this year, down from an earlier projected 7.5 percent decline.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas