Ukraine wants back its offshore deposits from annexed Crimea
The country to sue against Russia to return its offshore fields in Black and Azov seas
Ukraine to sue against Russia in order to get the offshore deposits in Odeske and Bezimenne, which are illegally used by Russia after annexation of Crimea. It was stated by Ukrainian President Poroshenko, UNN.
"We must restore the Ukrainian oil and gas industry. I do rely on the capabilities of Ukrainian gas industry, as well as scientists. We have already discussed the importance of taking back the offshore deposits. We must be tough in putting the issue to the court and get our offshore fields, including Odeske and Bezimenne," he noted.
The President also added that the scientists of the Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas are to elaborate the technologies which would provide the southern part of the country without building a new pipeline.
As was reported before, in March 2014, Crimean occupation authorities illegally took Ukrainian oil and gas deposits of the Black and Azov seas, including Odeske and Bezimenne, which are still being constructed.
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels