Ukraine to receive €4.1 mln. for climate change fight from EBRD
FINTECC program will help Ukrainian companies to modernize climate technoligies
Ukraine joined the EBRD FINTECC program (Finance and Technology Transfer Centre for Climate Change) which main purpose is the technology transfer in the field of climate change mitigation and adaptation, reported the EBRD press service.
FINTECC program is currently being successfully implemented in 14 countries in which the EBRD invests. It is scheduled for three years and is supported by Global Environment Facility grant funding in amount of $ 7 million and by the EU Neighborhood Investment Fund in amount of € 4 million.
Earlier Turkey decided to grant $50 million credit to Ukraine
The program will help Ukrainian companies to invest in the best available technology, leading to greenhouse gas emissions reduction. In particular, it can be an effective energy, materials and water use technology as well as renewable energy technologies which are not very common in Ukraine.
Local EBRD customers who are planning to introduce modern climate technology can get an access to the FINTEC program resources. Due to this program, local companies will be provided by grants of up to 25% of the cost of new technologies, but not more than $ 1 million.
The head of the energy, climate and transport sector of the EU Delegation in Ukraine Walter Tretton said: “I welcome the launch of FINTECC program in Ukraine. It will help Ukrainian companies to modernize and gain access to advanced technologies that reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The European Union provides the grant for this project in amount of€4,1 million.”
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case