Ukraine to attract Japanese experts to modernize its power plants
President Poroshenko said this during his visit to Yokohama
Ukraine continues to get rid from energy dependence from Russia. The country’s leader said this during his visit to Isogo thermal power plant in Yokohama, Japan. For that to happen, Ukraine will need assistance of Japanese experts in modernizing its own thermal power plants, the President noted.
“We plan to modernize our thermal power plants so that we can get past this dependence from supplies of Russian coal and gas, and get the supplies from other markets”, Poroshenko said during his meeting with Isogo administration.
According to him, Ukrainian-Japanese cooperation in energy saving looks the most promising, and the experience of Japanese companies in this area – extremely precious.
Isogo thermal power plant is considered the most energy-efficient and the most environmentally friendly power plant in the world. It is one of the world’s first thermal power plants using the energy efficient technologies in order to clean the atmosphere.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars