Ukraine ranked 109th in the International Property Rights Index 2015
The country’s index of property rights protection fell from 4.3 to 3.9
In the previous year, Ukraine descended in the International Property Rights Index and currently is ranked 109th among 129 countries. The Ukrainian Community of Economic Freedoms (UCEF) reported this January 20.
The Property Rights Alliance calculates the respective index and publishes the rankings based on the following factors: current state of political and legal environment, corporeal property rights and intellectual property rights.
“Ukraine goes down in the Alliance’s ranking in all regards, and that’s disturbing. We need to pay special attention to develop copyright protection and independent judiciary. If we manage to improve these factors, the country’s overall rating will grow”, said Head of the UCEF Marian Zablotsky.
In 2014, Ukraine was placed 86th out of 97 countries. Leaders in the 2015 ranking are Finland, Norway, New Zealand, Luxemburg and Singapore.
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November 27 October, 15:17
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case