Ukraine ranked 109th in the International Property Rights Index 2015
The country’s index of property rights protection fell from 4.3 to 3.9
In the previous year, Ukraine descended in the International Property Rights Index and currently is ranked 109th among 129 countries. The Ukrainian Community of Economic Freedoms (UCEF) reported this January 20.
The Property Rights Alliance calculates the respective index and publishes the rankings based on the following factors: current state of political and legal environment, corporeal property rights and intellectual property rights.
“Ukraine goes down in the Alliance’s ranking in all regards, and that’s disturbing. We need to pay special attention to develop copyright protection and independent judiciary. If we manage to improve these factors, the country’s overall rating will grow”, said Head of the UCEF Marian Zablotsky.
In 2014, Ukraine was placed 86th out of 97 countries. Leaders in the 2015 ranking are Finland, Norway, New Zealand, Luxemburg and Singapore.
Ukraine, Russia, EU start gas talks in Brussels 9 December, 19:08
Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov causes deepening crisis of OSCE 9 December, 20:45
- UKRAINE TOP 10:09SAP calls Onishchenko for questioning on December 13
- SOCIETY09:25Suicide bombers kill 56 people in Nigeria
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:2831 attack reported in Donbas, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE TOP 07:41Ukrainian who put up "Heavenly Hundred Street" sign on the house was detained in Crimea
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:4914 attacks reported in Donbas, - ATO HQ
- asia23:17UN General Assembly called for immediate cessation of hostilities in Syria
- POLITICS22:51Manafort claimed that “shadow accounting” documents are fake
- UKRAINE TOP 22:08Lutsenko: Notice of suspicion against Yanukovych was served according to the law
- UKRAINE TOP 21:33Russia blocked declaration on crisis in Ukraine at OSCE Ministerial Council, - MFA
- UKRAINE TOP 20:31"Naftogaz”: Agreement on gas supplies not signed, Ukraine will not buy gas from Russia
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
00:18, 10 December Yanukovych avoids coming to Prosecutor General's Office in Kyiv
23:59, 9 December European Parliament approves visa-free regime suspension mechanism