Ukraine jobless rate hits 24-year high
Every fifth young person is unemployed
“The unemployment among the population jumps to the highest level for all the years of Ukrainian independence,” stated Deputy Minister of Social Policy Valeriy Yaroshenko during the briefing, Ukrinform. He added that jobs depend on a good investment climate and sustainable development of the economy.
The nation’s unemployment rate among young workers popped to 23%, and this is the highest level in the last 24 years.
The Deputy Minister added that the Government of Japan has been allocated a loan of $ 1 billion with a percentage below the rate of inflation. "Just imagine how many work places will be created in Kyiv in order to implement the loan," he said.
Earlier, the Ministry of Social Policy forecasted increase in unemployment until the end of the year to some 11%. According to the Ministry, war in Ukraine is increasing labor market slack. The situation in the eastern part of the country has led to an enormous loss of jobs. Only in the Donetsk region 800 thousand work places were lost.
In 2014 economically active population amounted to 19 mln people, 17.2 mln of them had their jobs. Overall, employment in industrial sphere in 2014 decreased by 18%, while the unemployment rate rose to 9.3%.
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Ukraine’s army general: Two versions of Motorola’s murder 17 October, 09:15
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars