Ukraine is back to the top 10 largest steel producers - Worldsteel
It produced 2.1 million tonnes of crude steel in October 2015
According to the latest report by Worldsteel, international trade body for the iron and steel industry, as for October 205, Ukraine produced 2.1 million tonnes (Mt) of crude steel, up by 6.4% compared to the same month in 2014.
In general, world crude steel production for the 66 countries reporting to the World Steel Association (worldsteel) was 134 Mt in October 2015, a -3.1% decrease compared to October 2014. The world leader in this area is China; its crude steel production for October 2015 was 66.1 Mt, down by -3.1% compared to October 2014. Japan produced 9.0 Mt, Germany - 3.6 Mt of crude steel in October 2015, an increase of 2.7% compared to October last year. Italy’s crude steel production was 1.9 Mt, down by -8.6% (in comparison with a year ago). Spain produced 1.3 Mt of crude steel in October 2015, down by -3.1% compared to October 2014. France’s production for October 2015 was 1.2 Mt, a decrease of -20.9% compared to the same month in 2014.
Worldsteel represents over 150 steel producers (including 9 of the world's 10 largest steel companies), national and regional steel industry associations and steel research institutes. World Steel Association members represent around 85% of world steel production.
IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November 27 October, 15:17
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case