Ukraine expects gas price to drop lower than USD 200, - Yatseniuk
The Premier says Ukraine managed to get rid of energy dependence on Russian gas
Ukraine expects that next year, the price of the imported natural gas will drop lower than USD 200 per a thousand cubic meters. Prime Minister Arseniy Yatseniuk said this at the end-of-year press conference in Kyiv December 29, broadcasted by 112 Ukraine TV channel.
“In 2014, and this year, too, we managed to get rid of the energy dependence on the Russian gas. This year, we received a loan that will allow us buying gas from the EU countries, not from Russia. Thanks to our joint efforts with the EBRD, we can now clearly expect the price of the natural gas to get lower than 200 dollars”, Yatseniuk said.
Earlier, the Finance Ministry claimed that the actual price in 2016 would be from 190 to 200 dollars, but the recently approved state budget takes into account a “conservative scenario”. Minister of Energy and Coal Production Volodymyr Demchyshyn added that the state budget assumes the year-average price of the gas imported to Ukraine would be about USD 210-215 per a thousand cubic meters.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars