Total ban on air travel between Ukraine and Russia
State Avaition Service decided to completely stop flights between Ukraine and Russia from October 25
Ukraine State Aviation Service imposed a ban upon all Russian airlines from flying to Ukraine since October 25, 2015. The decision was made considering that Federal Air Transport Agency of the Russian Federation did not explain the reasons of restrictions upon Ukrainian airlines' flights, the press service of the Ministry of Infrastructure stated.
"This measure will apply to all Russian airlines and will run until the repeal of the ban imposed on Ukrainian airlines by the aviation authorities of Russian Federation. After the repeal of the ban by Russian side, Russian airlines off the sanctions list will be able to fly to Ukraine," stated in the message.
State Aviation Service of Ukraine announced its decision to Russian Federal Air Transport Agency on October 9.
As it was reported before, Russia and Ukraine imposed mutual sanctions on airlines' services. September 25, Ukrainian Cabinet of Ministers has banned flights of Russian airlines in Ukraine, in particular, "Aeroflot" and "Transaero". The ban on flights is performed due to the implementation of the Presidential decree and after the Prime Minister’s instruction.
"State Aviation Administration informed Russian airlines, indicated in the sanctions list, that they would not be granted the permission to make flights to Ukraine since the winter period 2015/2016", reported press service of Ukrainian Ministry of Infrastructure
In response, Federal Air Transport Agency informed airlines of Ukraine about the ban on flights to Russia since October 25.
Ukraine banned all Russian payment systems in Ukraine 18 October, 14:35
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain