Ukraine, Australia sign agreement on cooperation in nuclear sector
The signature took place in the USA during the Nuclear Security Summit
Governments of the two countries signed the document during the working visit of the Ukrainian delegation headed by President Petro Poroshenko. The Ukrainian Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry posted this at Facebook on Thursday.
The Ministry noted that the agreement with Australia creates conditions for uranium supplies to Ukraine so that it can be further used in the country’s nuclear industry. “Such cooperation is extremely important for the country, taking into account Ukraine’s need for diversification of supplies of nuclear fuel, and the need to cut its nuclear energy dependence from Russia”, reads the message.
The two countries agreed to cooperate in such areas as fundamental and applied researches; decommissioning of nuclear power plants and other devices of nuclear fuel cycle; nuclear safety, radiation protection and environmental protection; geological and geophysical research works; development, production, recycling and use of uranium-based resources et cetera.
The Energy ministry added that no part of nuclear materials, components, facility and technologies, mentioned in the agreement, may be used for military purposes. None of that can be used for production of nuclear weaponry and other explosive devices.
Most recently, Australian Foreign Ministry Julie Bishop reported that the countries are to sign the document at the Nuclear Security Summit in Washington D.C.
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars