Ukraine and Japan to deepen cooperation in the energy sector
Shigeki Iwai presented a plan for Ukraine's energy policy
Ukrainian Prime Minister Yatsenyuk has received Japanese Parliamentary Vice-Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry Shigeki Iwai, as states the media office of Ukrainian Government.
Shigeki Iwai has confirmed the willingness of Japan to deepen cooperation with Ukraine, especially in the energy sector and implementation of appropriate innovative technologies. He has also presented a plan for Ukraine's energy policy, developed with the assistance of Japanese experts. The participants of the meeting have discussed Ukrainian-Japanese projects in the energy area, as well as prospects of cooperation in post-accident response to emergencies at nuclear power plants.
As was reported September 29, representatives of the Japanese Parliament, who came to Ukraine with on official visit, highlighted on their readiness to prolong active assistance in the process of pursuing reforms in Ukraine and to deepen bilateral cooperation, particularly in the economic field and in the area of advancement of aftermath response to accidents at nuclear power stations. The meeting participants stressed the joint position of Ukraine and Japan regarding prohibition to change borders, violation of territorial integrity and basic principles of international law, noting the importance to strengthen international security.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas