Ukraine and Canada to develop high-tech projects in aircraft engineering
Ukroboronprom says Canadian enterprises consider Ukraine their strategic partner
Ukraine and Canada agreed on joint development of high-tech projects in aircraft engineering, said press service of Spetstekhnoexport, the Ukrainian defense enterprise. During the recent Canadian Aerospace Summit in Ottawa, Ukraine’s leading defense contractors made respective deal with Canadian counterparts.
“Both countries needs such kind of cooperation to preserve their place at the global arms and hardware market. Production of modern air engines, radars, navigation systems will significantly broaden Ukraine’s exporting capabilities. I mean, it’s much more than third world countries where we can export our hardware and services”, said Pavlo Barbul, Director of Spetstekhnoexport.
According to Roman Romanov, Director of state-run defense enterprise Ukroboronprom, such companies as Pratt & Whitney Canada, United Technologies, Esterline Electronics, IMP Group consider Ukraine their strategic partner.
He reminded that in October, state enterprise Antonov ordered two PW150A engines from Pratt & Whitney Canada to set them onto Antonov’s new transport aircraft An-132D.
Earlier, Ukroboronprom reported of possible cooperation with Thailand while working on BTR-4, an armored personnel carrier.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain