UIA will not resume flights to Russia in 2016
Ukraine and Russia mutually closed their skies for passenger flights
Ukraine’s International Airlines (UIA) have no intentions to resume flights to Russia, said the company’s press secretary Yevhenia Satska (TASS).
“Due to Russia’s sanctions against Ukrainian airline carriers, we ceased our flights to Russia, too. There are currently no prospects or signs of resuming these flights. So we don’t plan any flights to Russia at least for the summer period of 2016”, Satska said.
Since October 2015, the air traffic between Russia and Ukraine ceased. In November 2015, the Ukrainian government banned all transit flights for all Russian airlines in Ukraine's airspace. 29 Russian and 2 Crimean air companies are on the sanctions’ list of the Ukrainian side. In response to Ukrainian sanctions, Russia closed its sky for Ukrainian airline carriers. By various estimates, the losses from Russian sanctions in this area total up to EUR 10 million.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
Ukraine banned all Russian payment systems in Ukraine 18 October, 14:35
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas