Transparency International: Ukraine ranked 130th in the 2015 Corruption Perceptions Index
In 2014, the country was placed 142nd out of 175 positions in the ranking
Ukraine was ranked 130th out of 168 countries in the 2015 Corruption Perceptions Index released by Transparency International. The organization’s press service reported this January 27.
The country managed to improve its position thanks to creation of anti-corruption authorities and the movement for exposure of corrupt officials, as well as the growing level of counterspeech against such officials.
However, it was only a minor step forward for Ukraine (compared with the previous year’s ranking) as the government stalls on punishing bribetakers, and there’s still too much corruption in relations between the government and business, the research by Transparency International says. “Another painful issue is the government’s attempts to take under personal control assignments of leaders of anti-corruption agencies”, the ogranization’s press service reported.
In 2014, Ukraine was ranked 142nd of 175 countries listed in the Corruption Perceptions Index.
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:36OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars