This year EBRD will reduce its investments in Ukraine, - Chakrabarti
Sum of investments will amount to EUR 1 billion
The political crisis in Ukraine paralyzed the decision-making mechanism in the first quarter, so the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) this year plans to invest less money in Ukraine. This was stated by EBRD President Suma Chakrabarti in an interview with Reuters.
"I do not think that this year we will get closer to the mark of around 1 billion euros. Frankly, the current country's political situation in the first quarter of this year says that no decisions have been taken, and we are only now begin to work" - he said.
Let us note, earlier the EBRD stated that the exact amount of investments in Ukraine, scheduled for this year will depend on the reforms in the country. EBRD is one of the largest foreign investors in Ukraine, and the total volume of its projects in the country in 2014-2015 amounted to about 2.2 billion euros.
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars