The USA to host 10 Ukrainian soldiers needing prosthetic care
The American side promises to cover all expenditures
10 Ukrainian soldiers, veterans of the Donbas conflict, will be treated in the United States, said a reporter of 112 Ukraine TV channel.
“Currently, the servicemen undergo treatment in Kharkiv, northeastern Ukraine. All of them have complicated injuries, which need prosthetic care. They will go to the USA and continue to be treated there. The U.S. side promised to cover all relevant expenses, as a number of sponsors came up and agreed to provide everything necessary for their treatment. Most of the soldiers who lost their limbs get their prostheses from the government. Unfortunately, these artificial limbs are not always good enough to provide free movement and make soldiers’ lives easier. And more functional prostheses are very expensive; they are made abroad, so the government can’t allocate funds for such prosthetic care. That’s why Ukrainian volunteers raise funds and help the servicemen file all the papers needed for undergoing treatment in America”, the reporter said.
She added that Kharkiv regional state administration and civil judicial organizations assist the wounded troopers, too.
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas