The European Investment Bank to provide € 460 million loan for Ukraine
One of the recipients is “Naftogaz”, which will buy gas for this money
The European Investment Bank considers granting guarantees for €460 million to the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, to provide the loan to Ukraine, according to the EIB's website.
“Guarantees will cover five IBRD loans supporting projects in the road transport, fuel, and energy saving sectors,” – it is said in the statement.
Funding will be in particular directed for the “Naftogaz of Ukraine” to purchase gas.
The total cost of the five projects is €1.53 billion.
As it was reported, Ukraine imported gas for $ 2.3 billion during the first half of 2015.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case