Taxi drivers protest continues in Paris
The drivers demand compensation for unfair competition from non-licensed car services
Taxi drives, air traffic controller and civil servants went on strike in Paris on January 26. The protests grew tenser as protesters clashed with police. About 20 people were arrested, BFMtv reported.
It’s not the first time when taxi drivers opposed the VTC system, which allows hiring a cab. A number of other companies like Uber, Allocab, Cinq-S, Marcel, SnapCar also work like that.
In Paris, it costs 50 to 250 thousand Euros to get the special insignia of a taxi driver and respective equipment for the car. VTC system is much easier and costs less. Taxi drivers explain that stimulates competitiveness at this market, and they lose. They want the VTC either to be banned or their incomes cut. The taxi drivers say they will continue the strike until their requirements are met.
Watch the video:
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas