Security Service: money for 28,000 internally displaced persons went to pro-Kremlin separatists
The law enforcers ceased corrupt practices in Kharkiv region, northeastern Ukraine
Ukraine’s Security Service, the SBU, discovered and eliminated illegal practices of paying social payments for 28 thousand people, allegedly internally displaced persons. The SBU’s press service reported this on Tuesday.
According to the service, these individuals were officially registered as internally displaced people. Their IDs said they were allegedly registered in Kharkiv region.
Monthly, all of their pensions and other social payments went to Ukrainian bank cards; later, the cash would be withdrawn by organizers of illegal operations in Kharkiv.
Later, the criminals would exchange Ukrainian hryvnas for Russian rubles and send the cash to the militant-controlled territory of Ukraine via Russia, specifically to fund and support terrorism in eastern Ukraine.
Currently, Ukraine’s Security Service checked about a half of the internally displaced persons who had their social allowance suspended. Two-thirds of them actually live in the enemy-held areas of Ukraine; that is, they have no right to receive pensions or any other social payments from the state treasury of Ukraine.
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels