Sea blockade of Crimea begins, - Islyamov
Crimean Tatar activist announced another blockade
The maritime blockade of Crimea began, said Lenur Islyamov, the coordinator of civil act of economic blockade of the occupied peninsula.
“The sea blockade started, because Turks blocked Bosporus and Narrows after the recent downing of Russian bomber, which entered their airspace. That just leaves Kerch strait, so we will take care ot if and block it”, he said in an interview with Radio Liberty.
The Crimean Tatar businessman announced another blockade of Crimea. “There will be another one, between the ongoing economic blockade and this new maritime blockade. I’m not going to disclose any details, you’ll learn about it soon”, Islyamov said.
Earlier, Islyamov announced the sea blockade of Crimea. According to him, activists are up to block Kerch ferry line. Russia-backed “authorities” of Crimea promised not to let that happen.
Since November 22, power supplies from Ukraine to Crimea are completely cut off due to the sabotage of power lines that link the mainland Ukraine and the peninsula. An emergency mode was introduced in Crimea. Previously, in September, Crimean Tatar activists launched the trade blockade of the peninsula, stopping cargo coming from the mainland Ukraine to the occupied Crimea.
Smedlyayev: Russian federal security service arrests more Crimean Tatars 12 October, 16:03
U.S. doesn’t recognize Russia’s ban of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars 1 October, 11:00
Ukraine demands that Russia stops prosecutions of Crimean Tatars 12 October, 14:28
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars