Russian sanctions kill Crimean agrarian sphere
Crimea has left without water and fertilizers
Head of the Committee on Agrarian Policy Yuriy Shevchenko stated that the farmers of the peninsula have faced some circumstances that threaten the agrarian activities, Krymr.com. And there are at least two reasons. The activity of the Crimean agrarians is hampered by a lack of water for irrigation, as well as the embargo of the Russian Federation for the supply of seedlings of fruit crops from Western and Eastern Europe ( as they are sanction-busting imports).
“Today in Crimea we don't have margin fertilizers. Moreover, their cost is 20-30% higher than on the mainland of the Russian Federation,” he said. “One way to solve this situation could be launch the production of phosphate fertilizers in the facilities of the “Crimean Titan” plant,” stated Yuriy Shevchenko.
Earlier, the Crimean farmers, who have been cultivating various crops and market them themselves for years, claimed about significant deterioration of the market conditions on the peninsula. With the arrival of the Russian authorities in Crimea all stages, from growing product, to its sales, became considerably complicated.
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case