Russian Gazprom resumed gas supplies to Ukraine
Ukraine has requested the maximum mode of delivery, 114 mln cubic meters per day
The gas supplies to Ukraine resumed after Kyiv paid $234 mln, said Gazprom CEO Alexei Miller. According to him, Ukraine has requested the maximum mode of delivery - 114 mln cubic meters per day, RIA.ru.
On Friday, he announced about the agreement with "Naftogaz Ukraine" on the advance payment and the planned resumption of supplies. "Naftogaz" later confirmed these agreements, and stated that an advance payment was transferred. The Ukrainian side has sent "Gazprom" a request for the supply of 2 bln cubic meters of gas in October.
In the winter the gas package, initialed on 25 September, "Naftogaz" is announced to purchase 2 bln cubic meters of gas at $ 500 mln loan raised with the help of the European Commission. As part of the winter package, the Russian government gave Ukraine a discount for the fourth quarter of about $ 20 per thousand cubic meters. The contract price is $248-252 per thousand cubic meters, as was earlier said by the Russian Minister of Energy Alexander Novak.
Recalling, additional agreement between "Gazprom" and "Naftogaz" provides waiver of the "take or pay" conditions for the period to March 31, 2016. In addition, it stipulates the possibility for Ukraine to select the gas in the daily operation up to 114 mln cubic meters.
In January-June 2015 Ukraine has bought 3.7 bln cubic meters of Russian gas. In July, August and September, "Naftogaz" stopped Russia's gas supplies.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas