Russia to launch food embargo against Ukraine
Russia's response for the sanctions to come into force January 1
January 1, Russia to launch the food embargo against Ukraine in response to sanctions, as stated Minister of Economic Development of Russia Alexei Ulyukayev, TASS.
"Since Ukraine has announed economic and financial sanctions against the Russian Federation, we have made a decision on imposing... protective measures in the form of food embargo. The point is that this decision has deferred nature. It is postponed until January 1," highlighted Russian official.
As was reported before, September 16, President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko signed a decree on sanctions against Russia. The decision of the National Security Council reinforces restrictive measures against more than 400 individuals and 90 entities that are responsible for criminal activities against Ukraine.
Economic sanctions have affected 29 Russian banks, more than 20 Russian airlines, several enterprises of the military-industrial complex, and the largest Russian manufacturers of anti-virus programs.
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Ukraine banned all Russian payment systems in Ukraine 18 October, 14:35
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars