Russia gave Ukraine three weeks to restructure $ 3 bln debt
Russia wants the U.S. or EU to be the guarantor of the "debt of Yanukovych" paying
Russia is ready to give Ukraine some three weeks for restructuring its debt by $ 3 bln for Eurobonds purchased in 2013 by the former President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych for three weeks. It was stated by Russia's Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev, RIA Novosti.
However, Russia must get strong guarantees of the return of this debt. Among the conditions for debt restructuring Ukraine Medvedev called guarantee, which would give the U.S. government or the EU, or one of the first class banks of one of the European countries. Russian proposal has been directed to the IMF, as it has already been discussed with the Russia's and Ukraine's Ministries of Finance. it should be noted that this offer to Ukraine has been voiced by Russian President Putin.
"It is time to stop to show off on the recognition of the sovereign nature of the debt. It is clear that it is the obligation of Ukraine as a state, not of some commercial structures. It is absolutely clear that everything else is a manipulation. Otherwise Ukraine expects a default, " warned Medvedev.
In turn, the international rating agency Fitch Ratings said that the failure of Ukraine to pay these $ 3 bln will not be regarded as a sovereign default.
Recalling, the Ukrainian government has threatened to declare a moratorium on the payment of "debt of Yanukovych" to Russia if the Russian side does not agree for restructuring.
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars