Russia expects to sign contract to supply nuclear fuel from Ukraine in spring 2016
Ukraine sends uranium to Russia to enrich it and consequently produce nuclear fuel
The International Uranium Enrichment Centre (IUEC) plans to sign a contract with Ukrainian partners to supply uranium stock material from Ukraine to Russia. Director General of the Centre Alexei Lebedev said this in an interview with TASS.
“Currently, we are negotiating technical details of the deal. Because the supplies are usually delivered in the second half of the year, we expect the contract to be signed in spring”, Lebedev said, adding that in 2017, IUEC plans to negotiate on the agreement to align supplies of enriched uranium to nuclear power plants in Ukraine.
Earlier, in August this year, Ukraine’s Minister of Energy and Coal Production Volodymyr Demchyshyn said that starting from 2016, Kyiv would buy 5 of 13 nuclear fuel batches from Westinghouse, a US based nuclear power company offering nuclear products and services to utilities internationally. Currently, 12 of 13 batches are bought from the Russian Federation.
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars