Russia adjusted gas price for Ukraine
In the Q1 of 2016, the price would be USD 212 per a thousand cubic meters
Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev signed the decree on the size of the duty on gas supplies to Ukraine in the first quarter of 2016. The respective message was published at the Russia’s official Web portal of legal information.
The document says that the contract price in the Q1 2016 is 230 dollars per a thousand cubic meters; it also sets the discount on the price that equals USD 17.77 per thousand cubic meters. Thus, Interfax-Ukraine notes, the offered price for the Russian blue fuel is about 212 dollars.
Previously, Russian Energy Minister Alexandr Novak said the country’s leading gas enterprise Gazprom would not provide any gas discounts to Ukraine, and the fuel would be sold at market prices.
Earlier, the sides tried to find such decision on the gas price’s size that would let them align effective supplies of the gas. Naftogaz Ukrainy, Ukraine’s largest state-run energy enterprise, was going to ask the Russian side about the discount for the first quarter of 2016. Gazprom, in turn, requested a letter of indemnity on the volume of purchases by the end of March 2016.
October 12, Ukrain resumed importing gas from Russia, which Kyiv postponed in July. November 25, Gazprom said the gas supplies to Ukraine were stopped due to the end of the advanced payment. In his turn, Ukraine’s Premier Arseniy Yatseniuk charged Naftogaz to stop buying gas from Russia.
Yatseniuk added that Ukraine can survive winter temperatures without purchasing Russian gas.
Under the winter gas package, Ukraine was supposed to buy 2 billion cubic meters of gas from Russia. In the fourth quarter of 2015, the gas price for Ukraine was about USD 227 per a thousand cubic meters, including the discount.
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels