Rich and poor: Ukrainian billionaires losing their wealth
2015 TOP 100 Richest Ukrainians rating was published
Comparing to the previous year, all the Ukrainian wealthiest people excepting President Poroshenko suffered drop of their wealth, according to the TOP 100 Richest Ukrainians rating, prepared by the magazine Novoye Vryemya and consulting company Dragon Capital.
“Last year, when drawing up the list of TOP 100 richest Ukrainians, it seemed that the country is going through the worst time in its recent history”, said in the magazine’s editorial statement. “This year, it was discovered that while it was far from the worst. Now in dollar equivalent, all became poorer - even those who only recently was considered as a symbol of boundless wealth. For example, Rinat Akhmetov, with his capital of $ 4.5 billion no longer seems to be rich as an Arab sheikh. The size of his estate for the year fell more than twice.”
Another example of significant decrease is Vadim Novinskiy, partner of Akhmetov. The cost of its assets for the year fell from $ 1.8 billion to $ 709 million, or for 60%, compared to 56% in Akhmetov’s case. By the way, the latter can also become a millionaire instead of billionaire, if temps go same way as now.
In general, all of the assets of the TOP 10 businesses fell sharply in price. Except for one. President Poroshenko got up in the list of 100 richest from 9th to 6th place after his business for the year grew in price by 20% to $ 979 million.
Poroshenko increased by raising the cost of its confectionery business that even in the deepest crisis is actively developing - building new capacity and developing new markets.
The assessment of the richest Ukrainians has been annually prepared by Korrespondent (later – Novoye Vryemya) magazine and Dragon Capital since 2006.
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars