Putin expects Ukraine to beg for a gas discount
Ukraine's "Naftogaz" has to apply to Russia's "Gazprom" with an official request
In December, the Russian government will make its decision on giving Ukraine the discount on purchasing gas for the first quarter of 2016. But it would be possible only if Ukraine's national oil and gas company "Naftogaz" applies with an official request, stated Russian Minister of Energy Alexander Novak, RIA Novosti.
"It will be considered only in December," noted Novak about the possible price of Russian gas for Ukraine in the first quarter. When asked about the volume of the discount, Minister of Energy replied that it would depend on the price.
Novak said that the discount will not be automatically provided by the Russian authorities, They are waiting for obtaining the appropriate formal appeal of Ukraine's "Naftogaz" to Russian "Gazprom".
As was reported before, the issues of the winter gas package was agreed by Moscow and Kyiv with the participation of the European Commission. Russia is expected to provide discounts to contract prices of gas for Ukraine in order to make it equal with prices in neighboring EU countries. The mechanism is reducing the duty by approving resolution of the Russian government.
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars