The power bridge from Russian Kuban to temporarily occupied Crimea will be ready at the scheduled time, Russia’s Energy Minister Alexandr Novak said as quoted by Flash Crimea.
According to the official, the second power line of the bridge is currently under construction; it is to be completed by late April 2016. “During the remaining three and a half months, we will put into service another 400 MW of the bridge’s overall capacity. I’m sure the electricians will complete the task by May 1”, said the Head of the Russian Energy Ministry.
Previously, Novak said the power bridge from Kuban to Crimea could be put into service by December 20, 2015. However, only the first of the two power lines of the bridge was launched in early December.
Power supplies from Ukraine to Crimea were completely cut off in late November-early December, when power lines in Kherson region (southern Ukraine, adjacent to the Crimea) had been blown up. The pro-Russian authorities of the peninsula announced state of emergency.