Power bridge to Crimea to be ready by May 2016, - Russian Energy Ministry
Russia’s Energy Minister says the bridge’s second power line is under construction
The power bridge from Russian Kuban to temporarily occupied Crimea will be ready at the scheduled time, Russia’s Energy Minister Alexandr Novak said as quoted by Flash Crimea.
According to the official, the second power line of the bridge is currently under construction; it is to be completed by late April 2016. “During the remaining three and a half months, we will put into service another 400 MW of the bridge’s overall capacity. I’m sure the electricians will complete the task by May 1”, said the Head of the Russian Energy Ministry.
Previously, Novak said the power bridge from Kuban to Crimea could be put into service by December 20, 2015. However, only the first of the two power lines of the bridge was launched in early December.
Power supplies from Ukraine to Crimea were completely cut off in late November-early December, when power lines in Kherson region (southern Ukraine, adjacent to the Crimea) had been blown up. The pro-Russian authorities of the peninsula announced state of emergency.
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars