Poroshenko to visit World Economic Forum in Davos
The Head of the Ukrainian state will stay in Switzerland on January 20 through 22
President Petro Poroshenko will visit the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. The presidential press service reported this on Monday.
The Ukrainian leader is expected to take part in non-formal meetings of the world’s economic leaders; they are about to discuss countering hybrid threats and economic imperatives in 2016.
Poroshenko’s visit will also include a number of bilateral meetings – with IMF Director Christine Lagarde, President of the Red Cross Peter Maurer, Prime Minister of the Netherlands Mark Rutte and leaders of international business and investment circles.
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation. The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas. It is held annually in Davos, Switzerland. The meeting gathers about 2500 business managers, international political leaders and journalists so as to discuss the most burning issues that are currently on the agenda.
Duda to hold official dinner in Poroshenko’s honor 2 December, 12:17
Ukraine and Poland should recognize historical truth 2 December, 11:55
Poroshenko visits Poland 2 December, 09:14
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:23Donbas: Shelling in Mariupol direction
- SOCIETY22:44Fidel Castro’s ashes were buried in Cuba
- UKRAINE TOP 22:03Germany does not recognize Crimea as Russia, - Steinmeier
- UKRAINE TOP 21:25House of People’s Deputy was attacked with rocket launcher in Kharkiv region
- UKRAINE TOP 20:32Ukrainian Minister of Internal Affairs is in Canada while Kniazhychi shootout is being investigated
- SOCIETY20:01Mayor and two journalists killed in gunfire in Finland
- SOCIETY19:23Gunfires in Finland: Three people killed near Russian border
- UKRAINE TOP 18:49Lutsenko personally controls investigation of five officers’ death
- SOCIETY18:13Kniazhychi residents talk about robberies by men in police uniform, - media
- SOCIETY17:27Main Christmas tree of the country arrived in Kyiv
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine