Poroshenko signs decree on trade embargo against Russia
The Cabinet now can ban import goods from this country
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko signed a decree on embargo of Russian goods. That lets the government introduce economic countermeasures to the Kremlin’s recent discriminating actions, says the message at the website of the Ukrainian Parliament.
On its session December 24, the Parliament empowered the Cabinet to introduce the trade embargo against Russia since January 1, 2016. The respective draft law No. 3704 was supported by 291 MPs (226 necessary). The document was submitted to the Parliament by Prime Minister Arseniy Yatseniuk.
As the explanatory note goes, the trade embargo introduced by Russia against Ukraine and the simultaneous suspension of the free trade area agreement with Ukraine “may yet in the near future create a threat to Ukraine’s national interests and economic safety; it also shows signs of discriminatory actions against Ukraine in the trade area”.
When submitting the draft law in the Parliament, Yatseniuk explained that in case of the approval, on January 1 the Cabinet will introduce the economic countermeasures against the Russian Federation.
December 21, Russian Premier Dmitry Medvedev signed the decree that put Ukraine on the list of the countries that are under Russian trade embargo. Medvedev noted that the embargo on Ukrainian goods will come into force on January 1, 2016.
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Negotiations in Normandy format resumed 20 October, 00:47
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars