Poroshenko, Rutte discuss referendum in the Netherlands
The Ukrainian leader counts on EU’s solidarity and unity regarding the country’s independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko and Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte had a talk ahead of forthcoming consultative referendum on the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU that will be held in the Netherlands on April 6, 2016 (Interfax-Ukraine).
The president said he counts on further solidarity and unity of the EU in the issue of support for Ukraine's independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine, the president's website reported.
"The parties emphasized the importance of maintaining sanctions against Russia for the non-implementation of the Minsk agreements. The parties also discussed a series of issues of bilateral cooperation, particularly in economic and investment spheres, as well as in the area of technical assistance," reads the report.
Poroshenko congratulated Rutte with Dutch assuming of the presidency in the Council of the European Union.
In president's opinion, the Free Trade Areea functioning, the decision by the Council of the European Union on the introduction of the visa-free regime for Ukrainian citizens in 2016 and the entry into full force by the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU are the key issues of the Ukraine-EU agenda in the first half of 2016.
The head of the Ukrainian state confirmed the interest of the Ukrainian side in the forthcoming visit of the Dutch business mission headed by the foreign trade minister, as well as in the holding of a large-scale Ukrainian-Dutch business forum in the Netherlands.
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo 26 October, 17:57
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case