Poroshenko, Lagarde discussed privatization and visa free laws in Ukraine
Ukraine and the IMF to continue cooperation, the President said
Ukrainian Parliament and the Government should concentrate efforts on approval of bills on privatization and visa free package. Petro Poroshenko said this at the Thursday meeting of the Council of Regional Development in Kyiv.
The President said Ukraine won’t stop cooperation with the IMF as much as the country’s opponents would like that; instead, he and IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde discussed further necessary steps.
Poroshenko stressed the Ukrainian Parliament should as soon as possible consider several laws, such as the law on corporate management of NJSC “Naftogaz Ukrainy”, the law on assigning of Anti-Corruption Prosecutor and others.
On February 10, IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde urged Ukrainian leaders to continue reforms; otherwise, the organization might cancel the funding program to support the country.
The National Bank of Ukraine said the IMF support is “vital” for Ukraine.
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain