Poland and Ukraine plan to unify their gas systems
The common gas pipeline of more than 110 km to be ready in 2020
Ukraine and Poland have prepared a feasibility study for the construction of gas interconnector, which would combine gas systems of the two countries, as reported by the press service of Ukrainian public joint-stock Company "Ukrtransgaz".
The planned Poland-Ukraine gas interconnector to include construction of a pipeline with approximate length of more than 110 km.
Combining Polish and Ukrainian gas transportation systems to enable an increase in imports of gas from Europe through Ukraine to Poland, as well storing European gas in Ukraine. Gas transportation systems should be upgraded as defined in the feasibility study, to increase capacity from Poland to Ukraine to 21.9 mln cubic meters of gas per day (about 8 bln cubic meters per year) and to increase the possibilities of gas transportation from Ukraine to Poland approximately to 19.2 mln cubic meters per day (7 bln cubic meters per year). The experts expect that the project to be completed until 2020.
It also assumed that the interconnector will provide access to Ukrainian gas storage facilities in Poland and other EU members. Increased capacity in polka-Ukrainian border will create a corridor to facilitate the integration of natural gas Poland, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Moldova and increase interaction between the members of the EU and the Energy Community.
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo 26 October, 17:57
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 21 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:07Yanukovych can not be interrogated due to absence of video conferencing system
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case