No more Gmail for state officials in Ukraine, government decree provides
From October 21, Ukrainian civil servants must use mailboxes only with domains .gov.ua or .ukr
Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine has approved the requirements for the domain names of public bodies in the Ukrainian segment of the Internet, stated in the governmental decree signed by the Prime Minister of Ukraine Arseniy Yatseniuk on October 21.
According to the decree of the Cabinet, for maintenance of official correspondence governmental officials must use exclusively electronic mailboxes hosted on servers in the domain zone .GOV.UA or .UKR.
In addition, the decree specifies the requirements for the names of the official sites - they should contain a word or phrase that corresponds to the full or abbreviated official name of the body that is registered.
Furthermore, in Ukraine must be placed hardware-in-the-loop facilities that host state’s websites for which the domain name is registered.
Compliance with the provisions of the decree also applies to local authorities as well as entities of state and municipal sectors.
Earlier, on April 2015, State Committee for television and radio broadcasting in Ukraine prohibited for its employees to use Russian electronic mail and social networking sites. Ministry of Culture of Ukraine also forbade to use Russian e-mails and sharing services with domain .RU since February 2015.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case