New combat drone under development, - Ukroboronprom
The design documentation will be completed by 2017
Ukroboronprom, largest state-run defense consortium, currently develops a new combat drone, the company’s press service reported.
The graphic design of the drone will be ready by the end of the year, and the design documentation – in 2017. “We offered the Defense Ministry to cooperate and to create a drone that could, for example, destroy a tank”, said Yuriy Pashchenko, the consortium’s Deputy Director General on Aircraft Engineering and Production.
According to him, the main task of the drone would be to deliver the payload to the target. However, the unmanned combat aerial vehicle (UCAV) can also perform reconnaissance flights. Depending on the combat task, the UCAV can carry various armaments and electronics.
Recently, Ukraine’s Armed Forces received Spectator, the first Ukraine-made unmanned combat aerial system. It consists of three tactical drones and a system of reconnaissance and surveillance. It took less than a year to design, construct and launch the serial production of this system.
Besides, Ukroboronprom currently works on a new tactical unmanned aerial system. It is being developed in cooperation of a dozen of Ukrainian defense enterprises. The main objective of the vehicle will be reconnaissance flights; however, it will be able to carry a small payload. The first prototype will reach the troops in early 2017.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain